Vanessa Jakes is an experienced Accredited Practicing Dietitian with a Master's of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics. Vanessa has a passion for client centred care. She will work with you and your family to support and empower you on your journey to better health and respects individual preferences and diversity.
Vanessa is a knowledgeable clinician working both privately and in a large tertiary hospital in Sydney, where she has worked in a diverse range of specialty areas. She has additionally done further training in paediatrics through DAA's National Paediatric Dietetic Training Course and The Satter Feeding Dynamics Model. She is currently completing an Advanced Breastfeeding Course to be an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant.
As a mother of two boys she has an interest in maternal nutrition, breastfeeding and infant nutrition. Vanessa is also a volunteer Breastfeeding Counsellor with the Australian Breastfeeding Association.
· Masters of Science Nutrition and Dietetics at the University of Wollongong
· Dietitians Association of Australia and ChildD's- National Paediatric Dietetic Training Course
· Certificate IV in Breastfeeding Education – Australian Breastfeeding Association
Professional Accreditation, Memberships and Advocacy
· Accredited Practicing Dietitian (APD) with the Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA)
· Member of the Australian Breastfeeding Association
· Consumer Representative at the Westmead Hospital Women’s and Newborn Health Department
Copyright © 2018 Nurtured Nutrition - All Rights Reserved.